Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: VO 2.8 Prog unter Win10/64bit
Replies: 12
Views: 2451

VO 2.8 Prog unter Win10/64bit

<t>Hallo Franz, <br/> <br/> ich habe viele Ursachen gefunden mit Hilfe von Procdump von Sysinternals und der anschließenden Analyse mit Windbg von Microsoft. Da ist dann zum Beispiel mal herausgekommen, dass ein Programm immer dann gehangen hat, wenn es eine Abfrage auf den Standarddruckertreiber ge...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:49 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: X# and China
Replies: 5
Views: 2216

X# and China

<t>Thank you for explaining. I forgot that multi byte codes in a language depending code page can be the solution without need of Unicode. When we moved partially to the Unicode world for an international customer 15 years ago I wondered why it was so easy to work with Chinese and Japanese and why w...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Do I see ghosts somewhere?
Replies: 14

Do I see ghosts somewhere?

<t>It is not necessary to fix it in VO. Worse: Our program now relies on that behavior. It works correctly, if everything remains as it is. Fortunately only few parts with secondary importance should be involved. That's why I wanted to know for which symbols this happens so that I can search for the...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:40 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: X# and China
Replies: 5
Views: 2216

X# and China

<t>Hello xinjie, <br/> nice to hear something from another country. <br/> Just because I'm interested: <br/> I believe that Foxpro until now did not support Unicode. Until now I had the impression that in countries with double byte code the move to modern Unicode oriented programs was much quicker t...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:31 pm
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: Abfrage ob 32/64 bit OS in VO2.8
Replies: 3
Views: 1781

Abfrage ob 32/64 bit OS in VO2.8

<t>Hallo Franz, <br/> <br/> mit diesem Kode geht es:<br/> local hProc, hDLL as ptr<br/> local lIsWow64 as logic<br/> lIsWow64 := false<br/> hDLL := GetModuleHandle(String2psz("kernel32"))<br/> hProc := GetProcAddress(hDLL,String2psz("IsWow64Process"))<br/> if ! hProc == null_ptr<br/> pcall(hProc,Get...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi Chris,
thank you for verifying. Of course I do not ask you to emulate this bug in X#. But I would like to verify, which symbols could be affected. Do you have a possibility to see, which symbols are substituted in VO?
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:32 am

assymbol("ENDD") is #endd in the runtime execution.
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:08 am

<r>When comparing VO and X# programs we noticed a difference regarding a field in a buffered server object . But the mystery does not happen in the X#-Code, it happens in the VO-Code in a code part already programmed years ago. <br/> Internally the field is created and referenced correctly with the ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:31 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: VO GUI Classes to Winforms
Replies: 29
Views: 5061

VO GUI Classes to Winforms

Hi Joachim,
nice to hear from you.
Probably we can discuss in Autumn this year what can be possibilities.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:01 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: VO GUI Classes to Winforms
Replies: 29
Views: 5061

VO GUI Classes to Winforms

<t>Thank you all for answering. <br/> It isn't urgent. We hope that we will have converted all of our customer installations to Dotnet until beginning of 2021. <br/> But we have started discussing what can come next, what features it may have and what it may cost. Code name "Facelift 3.0". <br/> <br...