Rounding issue

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
wriedmann

Rounding issue

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Jeff,
unfortunately the Round() function in VO works as documented - and it seems you are not able to understand what the documentation says - and this was written by a native English speaker.

The Round() function was only not doing what YOU expected, And how WE can understand what YOU think without writing it when we don't have any problems with this function? We can not read your mind (fortunately)

I had answered to your question because I was thinking I could have a solution, and so did the others - but nobody was able to understand what you needed.
Maybe we all that we are not native English speakers are too stupid to understand your requests.

But try to ask yourself why all your requests both in the NG and here in the forum take so long to get an answer or don't get any answer that works for you? Even when in both places there are several native speakers and experts of the language?
t's not rocket science you multiply two numbers together each with 2 decimal places, get the product of those two and multiply it by another number, also on 2 decimal places
This is NOT what you asked!!!!!!
You wrote that the numbers were not rounded correctly, and how can we understand what YOU mean with correctly rounded?
If Australia has some rules how to round: we don't know them, and YOU have to say what you need, and then someone can provide the correct function (and Robert DID).

This is my last message in this thread.

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
BiggyRat

Rounding issue

Post by BiggyRat »

It's EXACTLY WHAT I ASKED. Anyway, there's clearly no future here. And I've NEVER accused any of you of being stupid. That seems to be an area set aside for me..