Xporting an Internet Server based program: Object reference not set..

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
fxm

Post by fxm »

Does the webserver have the correct .Net Framework installed?
Kees Bouw

Post by Kees Bouw »

Hi,

Thanks for the replies so far. I noticed that the size of the executable that I could download was different from the executable that I uploaded, so I decided to download it and see what the difference was. It turns out, that it is not an executable at all! Instead it is a text file containing error information. So I guess the executable is started after all. Very strange that the returned error file is called "kona.exe" just like the executable I am trying to run. The error is:

"Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'XSharp.RT, Version=2.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ed555a0467764586' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at KONA.Exe.Functions.Start()"

In the same folder there is a file called "XSharp.RT.dll". Is that what is described as "XSharp.RT" or is it really looking for "XSharp.RT" literally? And if it concerns the dependencies of this file, how can I find which ones?

Thanks again for everyone reading this and trying to help.

Kees.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Kees,

Do you have XSharp.Core.dll in the folder as well? This is also necessary if you are using the X# runtime.

Also there are various versions of the X# dlls, could it be you have included in the folder a very old one?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu