Is X# ready for daily use?

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
FFF

Post by FFF »

Dick wrote:Next, yes, keeping track works if I bother to login. The subject remains "red" but it said "2 NEW".
I found, if i don't log out, the site "keeps me in", no action needed at the next visit...so the bother is not so hard ;)

What misses is a fast means to jump from "new" to "new"...
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.19, X#2.19.0.2.)
ic2

Post by ic2 »

I found, if i don't log out, the site "keeps me in", no action needed at the next visit...so the bother is not so hard

Hello Karl,

Yes, that's absolutely great. That's another thing I hate in some sites, being logged out without a real need for that. I can imagine this to be important in e.g. your bank website, so other people having access to your PC can not dig into your data because you forgot to logout or close your browsers. But for a forum it is ok to remain logged in.

I use Ginny's W10 app Password Padlock which is very convenient. Disadvantage is (unsolvable by definition) that it opens the URL, stores the password in the clipboard but you still need to type the login. It makes you wonder why this can't be combined, so a username and password in just one string and login field.

But I think we're getting too much off topic now....

Dick
ic2

Post by ic2 »

To get quickly back to this: I wrote that Sven Eberts' code didn't decode it. I meant Chilkat, which we bought long ago (because it was too much work to add some missing features).

Actually Chilkat decoded every mail correctly for years until this forum's reply. If you check the html in the mail on https://www.onlinewebcheck.com, a lot of errors are displayed, but even if you remove these it still doesn't work.

Not something to check, most people are using Outlook anyway, but for me the notification now aren't meaning much - only that something was replied...

Dick
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Dick,

for sure - most people are using Office Outlook, and an even higher percentage in corporate environments.
But I'm pretty sure the makers of the forum software will work on these notifications and make them better (on my phone, they are perfectly readable, and I'm using the GMail app there).

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
robert

Post by robert »

Dick,
If you have found the reason why the mail does not look good, then please let me know.
I will forward it to the forum authors so they can take care of it.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Robert,

Kees who is responsible for our e-mail program has done quite some research but was unable to find the cause. We keep it that way because it's only the forum mails which fail.
However, you may want to let the software makers know that the Chilkat components (pretty widely used by developers) do not display these mails correctly. They may want to check. Please feel free to include my mail address should they want us to test something.

Dick