.NET Core 3.0

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
rjpajaron

.NET Core 3.0

Post by rjpajaron »

Phil Hepburn wrote:Hi all,

I tend to agree (a lot) with Terry and Wolfgang (and no doubt a few other too) on the position and approach of Microsoft - and indeed it is good that no one 'body' (or company) has too much power or say about the future of IT stuff.

However, as a teacher and educationalist, I would NOT like to think that this news regarding WinForms is used by any/many as an excuse to further ignore WPF technologies for the next eleven years :lol:

Please remember that we can mix WPF and WinForms in the same project and app. I suggest that ALL start to add new 'stuff' in WPF format while enjoying the fact that older WinForms is still supported. You will need to use WPF sometime in the future, so don't keep putting it off.

I recommend spending 'new time' on new technologies. Support and maintain your existing WinForms as they are, but create new GUI screens with WPF technologies. As developers we all need to learn and develop new skills in the WPF arena (knowledge area). WPF has many advantages to offer us.

Hope these comments encourage 'movement' in the right direction!

Best regards,
Phil - Wales, UK.

Hey Phil,

UWP too. If I heard it right, correct me if I am wrong, we can add UWP controls inside on both WinForms and/or WPF.

I have to find this out.

We have WPF app now on going (reporting app). WinForms too for some administrative type.

We will try to add UWP and Edge Browser control (Wolfgang share this about) on that thing. We will find this out.

Desktop Bridge (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... o-uwp-root) -> then we so much to eat and digest too in the coming days. I fond of reading but short of doing it.

I am choosy. I chose what is proven and stable and quick.

--

Rene