bBrowser availability or an Alternative

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
pgmaust@pgmaust.com.au

bBrowser availability or an Alternative

Post by pgmaust@pgmaust.com.au »

Hi to Forum participants,

We have been trying to purchase the X# version of bBrowser since the start of August and to-date we had no reply to our emails. We have emailed support@bBrowser.com and sales@bBrowser.com (from old VO bBrowser site) to no avail. This is getting to the stage where it will hold up our conversion.

Does anyone know what the situation is with bBrowser because it is an integral part of our VO applications – and we have found it to be a fantastic product.

If we cannot proceed with bBrowser then we will have to look at alternative browse facilities.

Can anyone suggest what the best alternative would be?

Any information or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
PGM Australia
wriedmann

Re: bBrowser availability or an Alternative

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Gary,
I have tried to email Joachim Bieler directly to see if he has some spam filter problem.
A simple replacement for bBrowser is not available, specially if you are using some things that only bBrowser has.
In my own applications I'm replacing bBrowser more and more with ordinary ListViews because people has changed their attitudes and are preferring detached data like a prefilled listview.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
pgmaust@pgmaust.com.au

Thanks Wolfgang,

Let us know if you have any success when you email. Appreciate the effort.

Gary
PGM Aust
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks Wolfgang, please let us know if you get a reply from him, otherwise we will also try. I am surprised Joachim is not responsive as he always has been.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Gary,
wriedmann wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:22 am Hi Gary,
I have tried to email Joachim Bieler directly to see if he has some spam filter problem.
To increase the chances for a reply, I did the same. He replied to me a a few month ago on a mail about an incorrect download URL on ordering bBrowser.

Dick
pgmaust@pgmaust.com.au

Hi Wolfgang/Chris/Dick,

Any response from Joachim Bieler (bBrowse) yet? Our emails do not bounce back, so they should be getting through. We will keep trying.

We can actually download an install .exec from the bBrowser site (but the site fails to take a payment - says there are no products available) but we cannot install it because we have not paid for or received a valid serial number - we tried our old VO version serial number but it did not work.

Gary
PGM Australia
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Gary,

Not yet unfortunately. I've contacted a previous colleague of Joachim, to ask if all is good with him, but haven't gotten a reply yet. Let's wait a couple more days.
I am sure we will find a solution one way or the other. Btw, are you a subscriber to the X# FOX program?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
pgmaust@pgmaust.com.au

Hi Chris,

At this stage we are not FOX subscibers - we will be if we think we can proceed with the conversion of our applications, and this depends largely on the availability of bBrowser. We have used other third-party products such as ReportPro (we know this is available) and Catalyst/SocketTools (which also has .NET versions available), but we need to know that all three are available before we commit to totally converting. We definitely want to become subscribers (as well as purchasing all of these third-party products) if we can proceed with the project.

Thanks,
Gary
PGM Australia
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Hello Gary,
pgmaust@pgmaust.com.au wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:41 pm Hi Wolfgang/Chris/Dick,

Any response from Joachim Bieler (bBrowse) yet? Our emails do not bounce back, so they should be getting through. We will keep trying.
Still not. The last few years a reply of Joachim sometimes took a bit longer than it did before. But never that long. I hope Chris/Robert can track him down and that he is alright.

Dick
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Gary,

We will certainly find a solution regarding bBrowser. It's not only about your case, but for everyone that needs to port their VO applications to X#...

As Dick said, for the so many years I've known him, Joachim has always been responsive and very keen to help about anything, so seeing that he hasn't responded yet makes me worried. I hope all is good with him. Still no reply from his former colleague either, let's wait a bit more..

Btw, Dick and Wolfgang, thanks for trying as well!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu