Problem when using XSharp Notebook

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
xinjie

Problem when using XSharp Notebook

Post by xinjie »

Hello, everyone.
I'm having problem with the XSharp Notebook: when I load the XSharp Language kernel, I get an error message "Error: C:\Users\Lenovo\.packagemanagement\nuget\ Projects\25612--142a2461-9b23-47c9-aa13-f9e437c35167\Project.fsproj : error NU1301: The local source 'D:\Program' doesn't exist. "

This error occurred after I replaced my computer. It is brand new environment. The operating system is WIN11 Home Edition. I need to state that the speed of accessing NuGet server in China is not stable.

Can anyone help me?
简单的东西重复做,你能成为专家;重复的东西用心做,你能成为赢家!
Fabrice

Re: Problem when using XSharp Notebook

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Xinje,

this seems related to VSCode installation, but I don't know why it points to FSharp project.
I will check that in a VM tomorrow.

Fab
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi,
after a clean install of VSCode and the tools, I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce the trouble.

That said, it seems that the packagemanagement used but dotnetInteractive is using FSharp, as I could retrieve the same Project.fsproj in the .packagemanagement foler. Maybe its worth to remove and reinstall the Polyglot Notebooks extension from VSCode ?!
BTW, what installation of VSCode have you done : The System install or the User install ? One in installed in "Program Files", and the other is in the user profile.

Fab
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Hi, Fab

I apologize for wasting a lot of your time with this question.

I will try to reinstall VS Code and report the results.

Thank you!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi,

no trouble at all !
I'm happy if I can help. I might comes from something in the NuGet package, but... sorry I was not able to reproduce it so I cannot provide a solution.

Fab
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Hi, Fab

Before I uninstalled VS Code, I saw that I was previously User install. so I downloaded System install and executed it. But I still see the same error message. I uninstalled "F# Desktop Language Support" and "F# Language Support" in VS 2022 and restarted VS Code and the error is still there.

Maybe by deleting VS Code's configuration or something like a cache might solve the problem? But I'm very unskilled with VS Code, can you give a suggestion?
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi,
I won't call me a VSCode expert ;)

But can you please send me the offending file ? Just to compare with the one I have on my machine.
I mean "Project.fsproj" that throw the error.

TIA,
Fab
XSharp Development Team
fabrice(at)xsharp.eu
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Hi,

I'm sorry because I didn't save it before resetting the computer's operating system. I will send the file if the problem happens again.

Thank you very much!
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Hi,

The good news is that the problem has not resurfaced after resetting the OS and reinstalling the app.
The bad news is that the problem can only be found by someone experiencing the same problem I had.

Thanks again!
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Hi Fab,

I am again encountering the same error after my complete installation of the syncfusion (https://www.syncfusion.com/) product.

I will try to see which component is triggering this error. The attachment is Project.fsproj. Maybe you can give me some advice before I find the problem?
Project.zip
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 7 times