two childish questions about using the VS IDE

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
xinjie

two childish questions about using the VS IDE

Post by xinjie »

My experience with the VS IDE is still almost 20 years old, so when I used VS 2022 I had some problems:

1 Problems with the display of “lines” in the code editing window

First take a look at the screenshot:
line.png
The “line” shown in the picture I know is there for developers to read more clearly, and I've searched through all the X# settings for it, and I can't find a switch to turn the display on/off. Does it exist? Where is it if it exists?

2 IntelliSense after the keyword “As”

In VFP, when you type the “AS” keyword and press space, a list of available types is displayed. In the VS IDE, this does not happen.
vfp as.png
vfp as.png (11.26 KiB) Viewed 551 times
In VS IDE, I tried space, TAB, Ctrl+K L and still don't have any of the lists I want to see.I use the new keyword “AsType” as well.

I'm not sure if I'm not using the correct method or if this feature is simply not there?
robert

Re: two childish questions about using the VS IDE

Post by robert »

Xinje

1) Tools Options, Search for X#. On the options page under Text Editor you can enable the line separators and also choose if single line entities (fields, properties etc) should have a line
2) The # of types in .Net is so big that bringing up that list proved to be a little slow. We will bring that up in a future release after you type 1 or 2 chars, so the list can be filtered. That should already work now when you type 'AS B' and then press Ctrl-Space or Ctrl-J (or whichever key brings up the completion lists in your configuration).

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Regarding the options, I always assumed that it would manifest itself immediately in the code editing window as the settings were changed. Turns out it also requires the code editing window to be reopened before you see the changes from the options change. This may be a subconscious fixation I've developed after using VFP for a long time.

I will wait patiently for the second issue to be resolved.

Thanks!
简单的东西重复做,你能成为专家;重复的东西用心做,你能成为赢家!
robert

Post by robert »

Xinje
There is no need to close the editor for most options. A fake change will repaint the editor window and will show the changes.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu