Dealing with DLLs - best practices

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
alex_schmitt

Post by alex_schmitt »

Dear all,

my project uses the following 3rd party projects:

- BBrowser
- Xs2Ado
- SEUIXP
- Fabtools

When I use the respectively compiled DLLs of these projects and place them into one folder for referencing them out of my own projects I am ending up in compiler errors as to my understanding these binaries require different versions of native XS-Dlls.
E.g.:

error XS1705: Assembly 'SEUIXPXS' with identity 'SEUIXPXS, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'VOGUIClasses, Version=2.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a967d8055360a7b9' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'VOGUIClasses' with identity 'VOGUIClasses, Version=2.0.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a967d8055360a7b9' 31,1 _winShellAbstract.prg winShellAbstract:winShellAbstract

How can I get out of this? Do I need to compile all the projects from scratch to make sure all of them are referencing the same native XS DLLs?

Best,
Alex
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Alex,

This GUI dll version 2.0.0.8 is very very old, how come you are using this? Which X# version do you have installed? You will just need to replace the references to those old dlls to more recent ones and the problem should go away.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

Post by robert »

Alex,
The VERY old version of X# also explains the warnings you got when opening the source code to FabTools.
Please use the last available public version: 2.9.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
alex_schmitt

Post by alex_schmitt »

Hi Chris, Robert,

I copied now all of these DLLs into one folder and made sure that no legacy DLLs are in there. Not sure where they came from but that actually did the trick.

Thanks!

Alex