Sorting on Calculated fields, in Report Pro 2 and 3 ; and 32-bit vs 64-bit

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
xnetExplorer

Post by xnetExplorer »

Hi,

One more post, about the report writers:

1. Are these 32-bit? I'm getting an error (both Report Pro 2 and 3), when trying to load the sql drivers, specifically for Excel. I've had similar problems with other 32-bit report writers, because my desktop has the Access 64-bit Engine drivers loaded. It does have some 32-bit odbc drivers of course, but I can't install the official Access/Excel 32-bit drivers.

2. Is there a way to sort on calculated fields? So e.g. in the Excel spreadsheet source, there's an ID. The first 3 characters in that ID, are the abbreviation for the Agency associated with that ID.

Obviously, we can just add a field to the spreadsheet that contains the Agency. But I'm exploring the features and limits of these report writers, and just want to know if variables are usable in sorting & grouping.

T & R,
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hello,
since I don't use ReportPro myself, I cannot answer about the sorting.
But both ReportPro versions are 32 bit because they rely on the VO GUI classes, and they are both 32 bit only (they use a lot of pointers and other not 64 bit ready code internally).
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
xnetExplorer

Post by xnetExplorer »

Ok, I understand, thanks.
wriedmann wrote:Hello,
since I don't use ReportPro myself, I cannot answer about the sorting.
But both ReportPro versions are 32 bit because they rely on the VO GUI classes, and they are both 32 bit only (they use a lot of pointers and other not 64 bit ready code internally).
Wolfgang