Search found 5 matches

by RajNZ
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:21 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: First time trying to compile, some errors...
Replies: 9
Views: 2102

First time trying to compile, some errors...

<r>Yes, certainly X# is very promising and a year from now it will be exciting to see how much more of VFP is supported.<br/> Unfortunately my timeframe for using it in our business situation is "now or never" <E>:-(</E><br/> <br/> A lot of VFP data flow, at least in our project, involves having cur...
by RajNZ
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:32 am

<t>Thanks Chris,<br/> Without knowing exactly what is and what is not supported will make a conversion difficult at the moment. What I am trying to determine is whether it is feasible to convert parts of our large VFP project to X# and while I can possibly simplify the code to make it compile, at th...
by RajNZ
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 am

<r>Hi,<br/> This is my first attempt at trying to compile some VFP code and I will list some initial errors that the compiler produces.<br/> I have tried to find documentation that would indicate if these are supported or unsupported VFP syntax, but I either see no mention of it or perhaps a mention...
by RajNZ
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:04 pm
Topic: Remote views, VFP database container (.dbc) and database connections
Replies: 3
Views: 1571

Remote views, VFP database container (.dbc) and database connections

<r>Hi,<br/> <br/> A simple example would be this :<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s><i> </i>*** It is assumed that the Northwind VFP database has already been created. *** The following 2 lines would be executed once near the start of the application. open database Northwind set database to Northwind *** The...
by RajNZ
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:42 am
Topic: Remote views, VFP database container (.dbc) and database connections
Replies: 3
Views: 1571

Remote views, VFP database container (.dbc) and database connections

<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I haven't found a document covering this area.<br/> <br/> An important part of making X# feasible for converting our large VFP project is support for :<br/> Remote views<br/> VFP database container (.dbc) to hold the remote views (or some al...