Search found 83 matches

by atlopes
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:54 am
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: Alines() used with multiple String „Parsechar“ to parse large files ?
Replies: 6
Views: 2241

Alines() used with multiple String „Parsechar“ to parse large files ?

<r>Thomas, although not aimed directly at the issue of parsing large files, and since you're working with the ALINES() function implementation, please keep in mind that the order of the parsing characters is relevant to how the string is split into array elements.<br/> <br/> Also, contrary to the ...
by atlopes
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 pm
Topic: SET DEFAULt TO <xxx> behaviour
Replies: 1
Views: 1542

SET DEFAULt TO <xxx> behaviour

<r>Karl-Heinz, I know this is already more than a month old, but I'm reviewing the last forum threads and I have a few comments on this.<br/> <br/> In VFP, SET("Default") returns only the drive letter, but SET DEFAULT TO x:y stores the full path.<br/> <br/> Also, the path in the command is relative ...
by atlopes
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:55 pm
Topic: CapsLock(), InsMode() , NumLock()
Replies: 14
Views: 2622

CapsLock(), InsMode() , NumLock()

Karl-Heinz, the functions CAPSLOCK() and NUMLOCK() set the global state. As for the INSMODE() function, I assume "yes," also, but I'm not quite sure of that.
by atlopes
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:37 am
Topic: VFP BIT* functions
Replies: 9
Views: 2114

VFP BIT* functions

<r>Robert<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>I hope you don't mind that we will change the UPPERCASE function names to CamelCase (e.g. BitNot) to make the code a bit nicer on the eyes.<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> Please feel free to modify the code at will, including its cosmetics.<br/> <br/> Your remarks, as ...
by atlopes
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 am
Topic: (not only empty) datetime literals
Views: 2090

(not only empty) datetime literals

<t>I agree with you, Robert; it's confusing. In a 12-hour notation system, we shouldn't be allowed to use the 12th hour, in the same way that we can't use the 24th hour in a 24-hour notation system.<br/> <br/> Another question regarding the datetime literals I forgot to mention: VFP follows the ISO ...
by atlopes
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:24 pm
Topic: VFP BIT* functions
Replies: 9
Views: 2114

VFP BIT* functions

<r>This is a kind of a by-product of another thread of the forum. The VFP BIT* functions were briefly discussed as an example of incomplete implementation by the VFP Toolkit for .Net. One of the key aspects that were missing was support for Binary strings.<br/> <br/> This is a proposal of an X ...
by atlopes
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:00 pm
Topic: (not only empty) datetime literals
Views: 2090

(not only empty) datetime literals

<r>Dear All,<br/> <br/> X# 2.7 is not accepting VFP's empty datetime literals and is also interpreting Ante- and Post- Meridian in a different manner.<br/> <br/> In VFP <CODE><s>[code]</s>? {^2021-07-04 12:30:00PM}, {^2021-07-04 12:30:00AM} * displays: 04/07/2021 12:30:00 04/07/2021 00:30:00 <e ...
by atlopes
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:43 pm
Topic: Implementing missing VFP functions
Replies: 36
Views: 6609

Implementing missing VFP functions

<r>Going back to Chris's question, here is a list of common VFP functions that I think would signify an advancement if implemented from scratch or recreated to match VFP's behavior closer:<br/> <LIST><s>[list]</s> <LI><s>[*]</s>EMPTY() and EVL() (I'm not forgetting this, Matt)</LI> <LI><s>[*]</s ...
by atlopes
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:59 pm

<r>Chris,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>The conversion is correct, what is wrong is that the compiler did pick one of the two functions, instead of stopping compilation and throwing a compiling error message instead.<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> Exactly this.<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>[...] so it is not typed ...
by atlopes
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:19 pm

<r>Karl-Heinz,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>i modified the usual code from Robert and it gives the same results. Now it doesn´t matter how the var 'B' is declared<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> As I said to Chris, I would prefer to have all overloads in place. That would reward properly typed code. It would ...