Search found 110 matches

by kevclark64
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:48 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: Copy to array
Replies: 3
Views: 2466

Copy to array

<r>I have to apologize because I made a mistake here. I'm not sure what I was doing when I got the results I reported, but the FoxPro help is clear that the array isn't truncated: <B><s>[b]</s>Each successive row in the array is filled with the contents of the next record in the table. If the array ...
by kevclark64
Mon May 22, 2023 4:34 pm
Topic: Copy to array
Views: 2466

Copy to array

<t>I mentioned some issues with Copy to Array a while back, which have been fixed, but I don't think I ever mentioned this. When you use Copy to Array with Foxpro, the length of the array will be truncated to the number of the items copied. With XSharp, the original length of the array remains uncha...
by kevclark64
Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:45 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: "Transform" function
Replies: 6
Views: 1244

"Transform" function

I tried the "@S8" with Transform in FoxPro and it didn't seem to work. LEN(Transform(Space(100), "@S8")) returns 100 in FoxPro. It would be a handy feature though.
by kevclark64
Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:57 pm
Topic: How to view the value of a PRIVATE variable in debugger?
Replies: 5
Views: 3173

How to view the value of a PRIVATE variable in debugger?

I tried both the popup window and MemVarGet and both ways work well. Thanks Robert and Chris.
by kevclark64
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:59 pm
Topic: How to view the value of a PRIVATE variable in debugger?
Replies: 5
Views: 3173

How to view the value of a PRIVATE variable in debugger?

<t>A variable which is created with PRIVATE or DIMENSION isn't available in Locals and it does not appear capable of being added to the Watch window since it says it does not exist in the current context. Some time ago there was an article posted on this site saying that PRIVATE variable values coul...
by kevclark64
Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:02 pm
Topic: Foxpro Arrays and 2.13.0.7 update
Replies: 0
Views: 3264

Foxpro Arrays and 2.13.0.7 update

<t>The whatsnew file for the latest update says "Fixed some issues with declaring arrays in the VFP dialect (#848)". When I look at issue 848 in github it addresses many different array issues and possible solutions. Is it possible to be more specific on what was fixed/updated regarding arrays in th...
by kevclark64
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:55 pm
Topic: copy/convert between fox array and xsharp array
Replies: 2
Views: 2933

copy/convert between fox array and xsharp array

Thanks, Robert, that's very helpful.
by kevclark64
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 pm
Topic: copy/convert between fox array and xsharp array
Replies: 2
Views: 2933

copy/convert between fox array and xsharp array

Is there an easy way to either convert a fox array to an xsharp array (and vice versa) while keeping the contents, or to copy the contents of one type of array to the other type of array?
by kevclark64
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:25 pm
Topic: copy to array
Views: 3589

copy to array

Thanks, that's very helpful.
by kevclark64
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 pm
Topic: copy to array
Views: 3589

copy to array

<t>It appears to be the case (using version 2.11) that, if an array is dimensioned with more columns than a corresponding table contains, you get a Bound Error when you copy to array. In other words, if you dimension myArray(1000,4) and the table you are copying has only three columns then it genera...