Search found 110 matches

by kevclark64
Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:04 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Attempting to create web-based version of application with VS
Replies: 10
Views: 2676

Attempting to create web-based version of application with VS

<t>Your application looks pretty specialized, rather than being an application everyone might use. That being the case, one would think that anyone who needed such an application would be quite willing to download it. I realize that if you made it web-based then it would be cross platform and so ope...
by kevclark64
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:01 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: sqlexec parameters input / output
Replies: 21
Views: 10387

sqlexec parameters input / output

<t>My general approach to data (remote or otherwise) has been to set up an object hierarchy in which each object maintains its own data. I work for a school, so we have families who have students on our program, who then have grade levels, which have courses, which have quarters, which have individu...
by kevclark64
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:27 pm

<t>I use parameterized queries from Foxpro to Postgres in my programs all the time. If you've got that working it's really good news. I also appreciate setting recno at 1, since I've had to issue Goto 1 commands to get that done so far.<br/> <br/> I thought my application was pretty big, but it's on...
by kevclark64
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:16 pm

Just out of curiosity ... what enhancements were you able to make in the SQL functions?
by kevclark64
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 pm
Topic: FoxPro MEM file support in XSharp
Replies: 9
Views: 4227

FoxPro MEM file support in XSharp

<t>Considering that Foxpro MEM files are more like temporary files than permanent data, I don't think you need to be at all concerned whether XSharp MEM files are Foxpro compatible. As long as memory variables of whatever type can be saved from XSharp programs and then restored to XSharp programs, f...
by kevclark64
Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:37 am
Topic: SQLEXEC(), returning varchar fields as character.
Replies: 3
Views: 3281

SQLEXEC(), returning varchar fields as character.

I have only used SqlExec with Postgres, not with SQL Server. However, with postgres you set data options like that through the ODBC driver setup.
by kevclark64
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:48 pm
Topic: Passing Fox arrays by ref or value
Replies: 28
Views: 9560

Passing Fox arrays by ref or value

I didn't know about the phantom button. I assume you can't click it because it's located off-screen.

The GetPrinter dialog should have a properties button, though, so if you're recreating it I'd say definitely include it.
by kevclark64
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:37 pm
Topic: COPY TO ARRAY to include memo fields?
Replies: 0
Views: 2789

COPY TO ARRAY to include memo fields?

<t>I noticed that the XSharp documentation for COPY TO ARRAY says "The default is all fields with the exception of memo fields, unless the command supports the MEMO clause." In FoxPro COPY TO ARRAY does not support the MEMO clause. If XSharp's implementation of COPY TO ARRAY will have support for in...
by kevclark64
Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:17 pm
Topic: icase question
Replies: 2
Views: 2713

icase question

You're right, ICASE doesn't give an error in a new program. Maybe what I'm seeing is a cascade from other errors.
by kevclark64
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:22 pm
Topic: icase question
Replies: 2
Views: 2713

icase question

<r>Do conditions used in ICASE need to have parentheses around them? It seems like they do, but I wonder if I'm just doing something wrong. <CODE><s>[code]</s><i> </i>lcdiplomatype=ICASE((eid_retval="G"),"General",(eid_retval="A"),"Advanced",(eid_retval="N"),"Non-Diploma","Standard") //no error lcdi...