Search found 81 matches

by jonhn
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:28 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ReportPro 2.39 user guide?
Replies: 1
Views: 1580

ReportPro 2.39 user guide?

<t>I'm looking for some examples of how to lay a report out "correctly" if there is such a thing. Using 2.39.04 with X#<br/> <br/> The main thing I'm trying to fix is the layout on a multi-page quotation with a summary at the end. I want the list of products to go to the bottom of each page until th...
by jonhn
Thu May 11, 2023 7:52 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: ChatGPT integration examples?
Replies: 33
Views: 9207

ChatGPT integration examples?

<t>Haha, thanks, but the progress is mainly due to a lot of kindness and patience from people in the group for sure.<br/> Yes, in the scheduler project I also occasionally asked ChatGPT for some pointers. 50% of the time it was not correct, or was using the wrong library or/and properties that did n...
by jonhn
Wed May 10, 2023 10:41 pm

<r>Here is what I ended up with for my experiment / test - just using a simple Winform with two text boxes, one for the query to be entered and one for the response. It works well but as Wolfgang says there is some more work to handle errors and add the finishing touches. Getting the prompt tuned pr...
by jonhn
Wed May 03, 2023 9:07 am

<t>Thanks Wolfgang,<br/> I have set up a paid account and the message has changed! It is exactly what I was expecting but it is definitely progress. I prompted it that my name was Frank and asked if it knew any other Franks, and asked for 5 options.<br/> <br/> {"id":"cmpl-7C2oXIPLI0jsTFvGOjsX0OJ1RoB...
by jonhn
Tue May 02, 2023 8:04 am

<r>Arne, that's a good question. It *is* hot and trendy right now but I also think it is important we don't miss something that might be changing the world right in front of us. My use-case is as follows:<br/> <br/> One of my applications is used by people supplying sound, lighting and audio-visual ...
by jonhn
Tue May 02, 2023 5:00 am

Yes! I will email it to you for testing - if you want to try it.
by jonhn
Mon May 01, 2023 11:12 pm

<r>This should probably work, but I'm getting a consistent error about the JSON being wrong, OR the HTTP library is being used incorrectly, but I'm following the examples, and it seems simple enough.<br/> <br/> The Error: We could not parse the JSON body of your request – Hint: This is likely becaus...
by jonhn
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:24 am

Yes, that was it... Thank you again.
It all compiles - now to work out the runtime errors.
I'll post the working example here when I get it working.
by jonhn
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:32 am

<t>Thank you! Yes, much closer now.<br/> It nearly compiles apart from an error on this line which I'll have to do some research on:<br/> <br/> var response := client:Execute(request)<br/> <br/> error XS7069: Reference to type 'System.Threading.CancellationToken' claims it is defined in 'System.Runt...
by jonhn
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:24 am

<r>Thanks Wolfgang,<br/> I asked ChatGPT about that and she suggested using RESTSharp, with an example (my translation first, and the actual C# suggestion below)<br/> <br/> LOCAL client AS RestClient<br/> LOCAL request AS RestRequest<br/> <br/> client := RestClient("<URL url="https://api.openai.com/...