Search found 81 matches

by jonhn
Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:35 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: ChatGPT integration examples?
Replies: 33
Views: 9247

ChatGPT integration examples?

<r>I'm trying to integrate a ChatGPT query in my X#/VO/Winform application - I'm sure some of the group must've done this already.<br/> <br/> I'm making a function to use ChatGPT to elaborate on a basic summary of a job that will be seeded by including some facts and details -customer name, address ...
by jonhn
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:08 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Job and Employee Scheduler
Replies: 23
Views: 5697

Job and Employee Scheduler

<r>A conclusion and summary of this project after my original questions asked in November ’22 and January ’23. Just in case it helps anyone thinking about a similar requirement.<br/> <br/> The objective: To create a visual scheduling interface for rental companies to allocate employees and resources...
by jonhn
Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:43 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: The future of ReportPro
Replies: 54
Views: 14484

The future of ReportPro

<t>1. Your RP Version RP2[X] RP3[ ]<br/> 2. Uses [ ] VO [X] XSharp<br/> 3. As a database you use. [X] DBFs [X]Temporary DBFs [ ] SQL<br/> 4. Approximately how many installations of RP2 you have [X] 0-100 [ ] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000<br/> 5. Approximately how many people will use RP in your company [X] ...
by jonhn
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:13 am

Job and Employee Scheduler? DevExpress

<t>Thanks Wolfgang! That SQLite is a very nifty database. It says only single user, but it should be ok for 2 or 3 users to refresh the schedule from time to time from it.<br/> Now the question again: Has anyone connected an SQLite database to the Dev express schedule tool? I found the problem of th...
by jonhn
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:35 am

Job and Employee Scheduler? DevExpress

<t>Hi again - <br/> I've started experimenting with the DevExpress scheduler and it does look good.<br/> <br/> I was going to use JSON for the data transfer, but the docs say the schedule can't write back changes to JSON, so I have set up a PostgreSQL database instead which "seems" to connect to the...
by jonhn
Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:48 pm
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Hi @ all!
Replies: 6
Views: 3803

Hi @ all!

Maybe it could be dBaseII or dBaseIII+ or an early Foxpro? Easily 35 years old. A reasonably straightforward path to X# I'd think, but agree that it might just be easier to write something totally new if the specification can be determined.
Merry Christmas everyone.
by jonhn
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:17 pm
Topic: JSON Parser
Replies: 17
Views: 2906

JSON Parser

<t>Brilliant, thank you! In my case with a very simple requirement this is a good option so I'll experiment with this too.<br/> So many ways to skin a cat... <br/> By the way - where is this function from File.ReadAllText - I see a lot of core File functions in X#, but not this one... a replacement ...
by jonhn
Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:26 am

JSON Parser

<t>Stefan, Thank you for taking the trouble with all the examples- and yes, that is everything I was looking for (and some more) and it works as required.<br/> One thing - my string was not right, and this was causing some problems. The JSON was valid, but there were additional spaces in my field na...
by jonhn
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:26 am

JSON Parser

<t>I still can't get this - sorry to ask again. I end up going in circles trying different possibilities and doubling back on myself.<br/> My JSON string is below, and for testing I load it into an MLE text field and then try parsing it in different ways.<br/> <br/> Method 1)<br/> VAR o:= JArray.Par...
by jonhn
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:56 am

JSON Parser

<t>Hi again... With your suggestion I can save the JSON file to a file, and now I want to read it back in after a 3rd party has edited it.<br/> <br/> To decode the JSON file it must be the same process in reverse?<br/> I read the file into a string - (in this case I put it in the SELF:oDCMLE1:textva...