Search found 9 matches

by mbrown
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:54 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Numeric overflow
Replies: 2
Views: 1675

Numeric overflow

No, sorry I haven't been able to reproduce it in a simple example.
by mbrown
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:20 pm
Topic: Numeric overflow
Views: 1675

Numeric overflow

<t>I have an application from VO that does a long series of complicated calculations (too much to show here), and uses the run-time compiler to evaluate expressions read from a file, using code-blocks. While using the Vulcan run-time library it was working well, but since updating to version 2.2 ...
by mbrown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:35 pm
Topic: Run-time compiler speed
Replies: 8
Views: 3084

Run-time compiler speed

<t>Hi Otto,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not a txt file, it's much more complicated than that. The actual sequence of calculations is built up dynamically each time the program is run according to various parameters and data items, so would need a new dll each time.<br/> <br ...
by mbrown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Run-time compiler speed

Hi Arne,

Unfortunately the code blocks are never re-executed during a calculations sequence, so caching would not help. Thanks anyway.

Michael.
by mbrown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Run-time compiler speed

<t>Hi Robert,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the reply. Yes, the compilation takes about 3/4 of the time. During these calculations the code blocks that are evaluated are all different, and the results from them are already cached, but I will look at the possibility of caching the code blocks when running ...
by mbrown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:58 am

Run-time compiler speed

<t>Hi Chris,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately the files are not simple text files, but the code is embedded within objects, so cannot be read directly. The code varies from basic arithmetic to array manipulation and multiple function calls. Although my test routine runs 1,000 ...
by mbrown
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:01 am

Run-time compiler speed

<t>I'm converting an old VO (2.5) application to X#. This does a lot of complicated calculations, which involves loading many snippets of source code from a file, and compiling and executing them at run-time. But X# seems much slower than VO, so I have run this test code in VO and X# to compare them ...
by mbrown
Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 am
Topic: Index file error
Views: 2084

Index file error

Yes, that worked.
Many thanks,
Mike.
by mbrown
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:22 pm
Topic: Index file error
Views: 2084

Index file error

<t>I am looking at using XSharp to convert a DLL written in VO (2.6), which uses DBF files with NTX indexes, using DBUseArea() and DBSetIndex(). I have got a clean build, and if I call it from a simple X# test application it works fine, but if I call it from a similar C# application, the DLL opens ...