Search found 8 matches

by IanB
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:11 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: The future of ReportPro
Replies: 54
Views: 14248

The future of ReportPro

<r>1. Your RP Version RP2[ X] RP3[ ]<br/> 2. Uses [ X] VO [ X] XSharp (not using with XSharp yet)<br/> 3. As a database you use. [ ] DBFs [ ]Temporary DBFs [X ] SQL<br/> 4. Approximately how many installations of RP2 you have [ ] 0-100 [ X] 101 - 1000 [ ] > 1000<br/> 5. Approximately how many people...
by IanB
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:53 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: While !eof loop works with DBF but not with ADS
Replies: 6
Views: 1748

While !eof loop works with DBF but not with ADS

Not sure if its just your example, but a _oDbArtikel:Skip() would help a bit.

otherwise not sure why there would be a difference, works fine for me.
by IanB
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:40 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: !! IN VO (made me laugh)
Replies: 1
Views: 1488

!! IN VO (made me laugh)

<t>After years of using VO found this strange thing when I put two ! (by mistake) rather than just the one (i guess you could call it obvious)<br/> <br/> Silly example below, but with me getting older sometimes difficult to see multiple !<br/> <br/> iif(! TRUE,TRUE,FALSE) = FALSE<br/> iif(!! TRUE,TR...
by IanB
Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:07 pm
Topic: Asort using codeblocks errors
Replies: 3
Views: 1514

Asort using codeblocks errors

Hi Robert

Thanks for your quick reply. I thought you would need to compare the actual Element, but i guess if this works then i could try.

Thanks, Ian
by IanB
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am
Topic: Asort using codeblocks errors
Replies: 3
Views: 1514

Asort using codeblocks errors

<r>Hi<br/> <br/> I have an issue with "asort" and using a codeblock, where in some instances i get the error. (there are quite a few posts on google showing the same kind of error)<br/> <br/> "Exception raised by CLR or external code:Unable to sort because the IComparer.Compare() method returns inco...
by IanB
Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Error handling in X# vs VO
Replies: 22
Views: 5223

Error handling in X# vs VO

<t>I understand, but using FirstChanceException you can call say a function/method to write the error (just like we did in VO), and then return to the Recover / Try Catch etc.<br/> <br/> But in 99% of my cases, i just want to record the error , and then in my recovery i already have code to Rollback...
by IanB
Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Topic: Error handling in X# vs VO
Replies: 22
Views: 5223

Error handling in X# vs VO

<r>Hi All<br/> <br/> I've started using X# and finding it amazing how i can just copy/paste code from VO (2.5b) into Visual Studio and it nearly (99.9%) works. Just having an issue with Error Handling.... and using ErrorBlock() - i can see examples about setting an ErrorBlock but this doesn't work. ...
by IanB
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:11 pm
Topic: Good wysiwyg installation maker
Replies: 8
Views: 2365

Good wysiwyg installation maker

<r>We have been using NSIS installer for many years we find it works really well and you can do everything with it. (we run mini VO or .Net programs from it to do anything really clever). Maybe worth taking a look to.<br/> <br/> <URL url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/nsis/">https://sourceforge.n...