Search found 18 matches

by Plummet
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:46 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: New website
Replies: 33
Views: 7488

New website

<t>OK so it worked that time. I probably got rejected because I posted a negative comment on the new website, which I just discovered!<br/> <br/> Just to say I found the old site really nice, but the new one is mostly a lot of white space on my PC. I'm sure you worked hard on it Robert but I'm sorry ...
by Plummet
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:38 pm
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: New website
Replies: 33
Views: 7488

New website

Well I just created a reply to this thread and when I submitted it I was asked to log in - but I was logged in!
Evidently it logged me out for some reason. What happened?

So, trying again with this message ...
Don
by Plummet
Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:27 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Hi @ all!
Replies: 6
Views: 4077

Hi @ all!

<r>I posted this reply a few days ago, but it seems to disappeared into the 4th dimension!<br/> Anyway it went something like this ...<br/> <br/> I couldn't find a Clipper program to test but I was able to run dBaseIII in DOSBox without any problems (W10 64).<br/> <br/> You can run almost any dos ...
by Plummet
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:18 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Reading Very Large files
Replies: 12
Views: 2306

Reading Very Large files

<t>Thanks a lot for your reply Chris.<br/> <br/> Well I didn't want to read the file into memory as there is a hell of a lot of it!<br/> But I would like to know why, reading line by line, I was unable to get past 11m lines with VO. Is the blockage in the VO runtime or the underlying WIN32 API ...
by Plummet
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:32 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Macro compiler problem
Replies: 9
Views: 1770

Macro compiler problem

<r>OK, I think the problem is resolved.<br/> <br/> Instead of - <CODE><s>[code]</s>cRet := SELF:aSubstitute[I]:Eval(cRet, , K)<e>[/code]</e></CODE> use - <CODE><s>[code]</s>cRet := Eval(SELF:aSubstitute[I], cRet, , K)<e>[/code]</e></CODE> and it works, although the array:Eval method does not give an ...
by Plummet
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Macro compiler problem

<r>Another copy/paste error! <br/> <br/> <COLOR color="blue"><s>[color=blue]</s> // break if error in eval<br/> cRet := SELF:aSubstitute<I><s>[I]</s>:Eval(cRet, , K)</I><e>[/color]</e></COLOR><I><B><s>[b]</s><e>[/b]</e></B><br/> <br/> The eval line does not display correctly!! SELF:aSubstitute ...
by Plummet
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 pm

Macro compiler problem

<r>Another copy/paste error! <br/> <br/> <COLOR color="blue"><s>[color=blue]</s> // break if error in eval<br/> cRet := SELF:aSubstitute<I><s>[I]</s>:Eval(cRet, , K)</I><e>[/color]</e></COLOR><I><B><s>[b]</s><e>[/b]</e></B><br/> <br/> The eval line does not display correctly!! SELF:aSubstitute ...
by Plummet
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:38 pm

Macro compiler problem

<r>Thanks for explanation Robert. <br/> <br/> Yes, I was expecting CLASS _CODEBLOCK. And yes it works ok now in this example.<br/> <br/> BTW the error was only in the paste into the post. Sorry.<br/> <br/> Unfortunately for some reason the evaluation still does <B><s>[b]</s>not work<e>[/b]</e></B ...
by Plummet
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:26 pm

Reading Very Large files

Thanks for your reply Robert.

Line lengths variable (csv) but seem to be < 512, although dunno if there's a longy hidden somewhere . Difficult to look thru a file of 6gb ...

However the same code run in X# gives the correct answer of 17,938,549 lines.
Don
by Plummet
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:59 pm

Reading Very Large files

Thanks Joe.
This file has standard line terminators.
Problem only happens with VLF's, > 11m lines?
Think I already tried FReadline ... will check anyway.
You can check this code on any file - just change the K_FILE_PATH value to point to your data.
Don