by Kromi
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Support for PackageReference
Replies: 12
Views: 2543

Support for PackageReference

Hi,

currently, X# projects do not support using PackageReference for NuGet, right? Are there plans to add that?

Regards,
Mathias
by Kromi
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:21 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Vulcan.NET: System.InvalidProgramException
Replies: 23
Views: 5235

Vulcan.NET: System.InvalidProgramException

<t>Robert,<br/> <br/> you're absolutely right. On my machine there are .NET Framework 4.8 asseblies in the c:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319 folder. The other machines have 4.7.<br/> I have found no way to uninstall .NET Framework 4.8 that actually worked on my machine. So I guess I have to ...
by Kromi
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:56 am

<t>Robert,<br/> <br/> thank you for this detailed clarification. I'll take it and discuss with the team if using the Vulcan runtime could be a intermediate step we want to go.<br/> <br/> But even if we actually do that, it will be a process that takes months, and in the meantime I can't run the code...
by Kromi
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:46 am

<r>Chris,<br/> <br/> sure, here it is: <CODE><s>[code]</s>CONSTRUCTOR() STATIC LOCAL lIsNewProc := TRUE AS LOGIC SUPER() SELF:nIsDevelopment := -1 SELF:getInfo() SELF:oMemInfo := NULL_OBJECT <e>[/code]</e></CODE> If I comment out the STATIC LOCAL declaration in that constructor, the error message li...
by Kromi
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 am

<r>Chris,<br/> <br/> here's the complete method. Note that I have found many methods that have the same difference to the working code, namely the <I><s>[i]</s>unsafe<e>[/i]</e></I> modifier and these strange additions in the <I><s>[i]</s>Monitor.Enter<e>[/i]</e></I> line.<br/> <br/> Mathias<br/> <C...
by Kromi
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:52 am

<r>Robert,<br/> <QUOTE author="robert"><s>[quote="robert"]</s> 1) You can use the X# compiler and still use the Vulcan runtime. In that case the Vulcan Macro compiler will be used which does not have this issue afaik.<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> Since we have a huge piece of old software here that is har...
by Kromi
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:30 pm

<r>Hi Robert,<br/> <br/> we would love to switch to the X# compiler. We are working on the switch, but we still have some show stoppers. This is one of them: <URL url="https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/private-product/1190-macrocompiler-issue-with-alltrim-rc1-bandol-2-0-1-0-fox-x-runtime-vulcan#10193"><s>...
by Kromi
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm

<r>Wolfgang, I have erased all partitions from the SSD and installed from scratch.<br/> <br/> Following Chris' advise I have compared the ILSpy output from a functioning version with the not functioning one. I found a difference in the constructor that is also listed in the error message. The not fu...
by Kromi
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Thank you Wolfgang, no pending updates here. To get rid of this error I not only have installed all updates Microsoft has to offer, I also have re-installed Windows and have the same error again.