Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:04 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Small incompatibility with mod operator/function
Replies: 12
Views: 1853

Small incompatibility with mod operator/function

<t>This is interesting. In my tests I saw that VO sometimes has a higher precision than Dotnet with double/real8, about 3 decimals. This should be due to the use of the 80 bit FPU. <br/> <br/> I believe that it needs always quite a lot of work to make business applications work correctly with floati...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:40 pm

<t>I am now changing our occurrences with float or usual parameters. <br/> It is interesting how many effects someone can find out in long running programs. <br/> The result for mod(2, 0.2) is not 0 as someone could imagine. It is 0.2!<br/> But this result in X# is equal in C#, VO, Python. <br/> mod...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 am

Hi Chris,

I think that the workaround is ok for us. I will try it the next days. There shouldn't be many occurrences like this in our code. In any case it seems to be an ugly solution that has been used here.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:55 am

Chris has already found the reason: Usage of usuals as arguments. As a workaround I can help the compiler with casting types: f := Mod(FLOAT(u), fn) with u as usual, fn as float. Having floats or ints as arguments everything works correctly.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:12 am

Hi Chris,
thank you for answering so quickly. I have sent you an example via email. Probably it depends on compiler settings and variable types used.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 am

<t>One of our beta test customers discovered a small incompatibility for the mod function. Mod is not only defined for integers, but should be valid also for float numbers. <br/> f := mod(2.6, 0.5) -> VO: 0.1 X#: Exception<br/> f := mod(2.6, 2) -> VO: 0.6 X#: 0<br/> It makes really sense using float...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:38 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Bbrowser and reaching 10000 GUI-Handles
Replies: 6
Views: 1909

Bbrowser and reaching 10000 GUI-Handles

<t>It should be resolved now. I have made a function that buffers brushes in dependence of the color. Then I have substituted all occurences of creations of Brush{}-Objects and CreateSolidBrush-Calls, that did not use predefined Brushobjects from Windows. <br/> <br/> So the generation of brushes in ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:12 am

<r>I have found some other places where a simple brush is created instead of reusing brushes - code that I have written many years ago. Finally I understand the consequences :woohoo: <E>:-)</E> I will change all these places and measure the GUI Handle generation. <br/> <br/> By the way: I use always...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:43 am

When looking at the code more exactly, I discovered only one place where a brush is generated directly. In the other cases always system brushes are used. I will change the occurrence and then I will look more carefully, which GUI objects are generated in such a big quantity.