Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: 2.8 Exception with String2Psz on Windows 2019 Servers
Replies: 3
Views: 1427

2.8 Exception with String2Psz on Windows 2019 Servers

Thank you. The Program starts correctly with the modified Runtime Dll. I will continue with my tests.
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon May 03, 2021 7:32 am
Topic: 2.8 Exception with String2Psz on Windows 2019 Servers
Replies: 3
Views: 1427

2.8 Exception with String2Psz on Windows 2019 Servers

<r>We have some problems with the new X# runtime dlls on certain computers running as a 32bit program with the VO dialect.<br/> <br/> It seems that it is related to the Operating system, because it happens only on our Windows 2019 Server machines, not on Windows 10 and not on Windows 2016 Server. Th...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:13 pm
Topic: Multiplying INT and USUAL
Replies: 5
Views: 1625

Multiplying INT and USUAL

In the past we had many problems with IIF-pattern, that could be resolved expanding to normal if conditions. Sometimes It is nice to have short code, but often it is difficult to verify and as in this case having possible conversion problems.
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: VS 2022 will (finally) be 64 bit !
Replies: 4
Views: 1753

VS 2022 will (finally) be 64 bit !

<t>Most probably they will not give you the chance. But surely we will understand that you didn't have the chance. <br/> (If I sold a product like VS, I would also release it as early as possible with my own products working and then allow the 3rd party vendors to have a look at it. It is the best w...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:26 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Xml file UTF-8 BOM
Replies: 15
Views: 2671

Xml file UTF-8 BOM

<r>We use the attached function FGetFileEncoding to look for the format of the file. <br/> It returns two parameters: <br/> - The encoding (ANSI, UTF-8, Unicode)<br/> - The characters to omit (the BOF-markers)<br/> <br/> For reading lines with automatically treating correctly CRLF or CR or LF we use...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:48 am
Topic: Internet Explorer Control Replacement Webview2
Replies: 19
Views: 2899

Internet Explorer Control Replacement Webview2

Hi Dick,
I had to install the runtime that I mentioned above. It wasn't sufficient to have Edge installed. But it seems a bit difficult to find exact information.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:47 am

<t>Yes, right. It is the security situation that give us often problems for certain installations apart from the fact that certain Internet pages do not work correctly. <br/> <br/> Microsoft will only deliver possibilities to block Internet Explorer and will only try to convince admins to use these ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:33 pm

<r>Hi Wolfgang, <br/> <br/> thank you. I have tested yout sample program on my Windows 10 20H2 machine with the new Edge. <br/> I had to install the 90 MB installation program "MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe" on my machine ( <URL url="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/web...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:01 pm

<r>It seems that Microsoft is now forcing a good replacement for the Internet Explorer Control, that should be useable with Win32/Winforms/WPF and should be installable on all computers Windows 7/Server 2012 or newer: <br/> <br/> <URL url="https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/"><...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 am
Topic: Small incompatibility with mod operator/function
Replies: 12
Views: 1853

Small incompatibility with mod operator/function

<t>Hi Wolfgang, <br/> yes, I see it like you. But: ... everything must work with decimal. <br/> - There mustn't be any function in between that uses double (self written or basic X# function) <br/> - Every use of a database/file/control input/output in between must be verified separately, because he...