Search found 318 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Lost another big piece of code
Replies: 36
Views: 5158

Lost another big piece of code

Not everything is bad what makes Microsoft.

I like very much working with Visual Studio and I am glad that we could get rid off the old VO IDE.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:39 am
Topic: Lost another big piece of code
Replies: 36
Views: 5158

Lost another big piece of code

<t>The regular backups are so important. How often have I deleted the contents of a complete file or a bigger number of lines by own mistake. Or made a global replacement for all files of the solution. And then lost files because of missing electric energy, complete blocking of windows or program er...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:23 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: DragDrop from Outlook
Replies: 7
Views: 1968

DragDrop from Outlook

<t>We have succeeded Drag&Drop of Outlook emails in VO and also in X# with the VO-GUI-Classes (modified partially by us). <br/> <br/> It was a work of many, many weeks. I can share some code (not compilable) if someone is interested. But also when having some code you will surely have to spend a...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:15 am
Topic: Difference .Net/Win32 with missing libraries?
Replies: 10
Views: 2208

Difference .Net/Win32 with missing libraries?

<t>> And AFAIK the company of Arne has a system to load nearly all DLLs delayed.<br/> Yes, it is still mostly true. Fortunately we could use the advantages of Dotnet. Now more dlls are included in the start exe, as code takes less space in memory. We merged also some smaller dlls to reduce the numbe...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:15 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: X# Example Project for various DotNet functionality
Replies: 33
Views: 5792

X# Example Project for various DotNet functionality

<t>We have the same problems every day in our languages: <br/> - The first century of this millennium is the century with the 0 behind: 2000. The 18th century is 1700. <br/> - When we go to the "first floor" of a building in many languages in reality it is the second floor of the building, because t...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:10 am

<t>Fortunately the transformation rules between the 0- and the 1-world are quite simple: just add or subtract 1 and we are in the other world. <br/> <br/> It is worse to make transformations between the Windows WinAPI-Screen coordinates and the VO-GUI Canvas coordinates and the VO-GUI logical dialog...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:47 pm

<r>I am also using the examples from my colleague Volkmar to adopt some new programming techniques - it is not so simple to leave over 20 years of programming behind. <br/> <br/> I am also trying to use methods of the standard types like strings instead of using the VO functions. Of course nothing i...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:09 am
Topic: State of moving our application "RADIX" to X#
Views: 1777

State of moving our application "RADIX" to X#

Finally we are developing in X#.

It's a feeling of freedom after being fixed to the VO Repositories for about 25 years.
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:05 pm
Topic: State of moving our application "RADIX" to X#
Views: 1777

State of moving our application "RADIX" to X#

<t>We are in the final phase of moving to X#. Now about 300 of our customers are already working with the X# version (this means some thousands of work places). Customers, that download the newest version, are automatically switched to Dotnet. They (or our support) can switch back to Win32 (VO) manu...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm
Topic: 2.8 Exception with String2Psz on Windows 2019 Servers
Replies: 3
Views: 1425

2.8 Exception with String2Psz on Windows 2019 Servers

Thank you. The Program starts correctly with the modified Runtime Dll. I will continue with my tests.