Search found 318 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:31 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Windows 11 first tests
Replies: 16
Views: 2357

Windows 11 first tests

<t>We can also see the positive side of these changes: <br/> Until now over all these years Microsoft has succeeded in defending the presence of "Our OS" MS Windows in the office/desktop sector. <br/> Last year Microsoft has left their original plans of the cloud OS Windows X which would not have be...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:37 am
Topic: Windows 11 first tests
Replies: 16
Views: 2357

Windows 11 first tests

<t>The first customers ask us, if they can use Windows 11 computers - and there are already customers who are using Windows 11 computers. <br/> As a first summary of experience: <br/> Windows 11 seems to work fine and seems to support most of the existing programs. I have upgraded my private noteboo...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:06 pm
Forum: Forum Italiano
Topic: Driver ODBC e VO
Replies: 6
Views: 2226

Driver ODBC e VO

<t>Forse vedi qualcosa se accendi il logging/tracing di ODBC nel ODBC Administrator. Crea velocemente grandi file, ma molto estesi con tutte le informazione che vengono trasmessi. Certi driver trasformano lo statement da sintassi ODBC a sintassi database e magari c'è qualcosa da cambiare. Con Oracle...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 am
Topic: 5 months of experience of running "RADIX" compiled in X# on customer sites
Views: 1677

5 months of experience of running "RADIX" compiled in X# on customer sites

<r>What I want to add: <br/> Together with the Move to X# we now add a certificate to the Exe program for delivering. <br/> <br/> Antivirus programs are now much friendlier to our programs. Before some Antivirus programs treated our nice new dotnet programs often worse than the older VO programs. Be...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:51 am
Topic: 5 months of experience of running "RADIX" compiled in X# on customer sites

<r>Yes, if the program crashes without any messages, the Windows-Eventlog often contains some valid information. It makes sense to always look there if nothing else can be found. <br/> (The eventlog viewer can be started via the command EVENTVWR, if it is not visible in the computer settings menu)<b...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:46 am

<t>> Do you have any idea why the program completely vanishes in combination with Crystal Reports ?<br/> Directly I have no ideas. But the Crystal Reports exceptions we get sporadically are very hard. Even the Win32 program often crashed, although it succeeded more often to give a last error dialog ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:11 am

<t>> Windows XP, really? XP machines are so slow ...<br/> The computers did what they had to do. Some server had been even virtualized on a new hardware and had really good performance. So it was more a question of security and functionality. <br/> <br/> Of course these customers had economical reas...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:36 am

<t>Just again a feedback of our migration to the Dotnet world: <br/> Radix Dotnet works very well on some thousand working places. <br/> <br/> The performance is similar to the Win32-Version. <br/> <br/> Most of the errors happening are logical programming errors that would have happened also in Win...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:04 am
Topic: File based development instead of repository/entity based development
Replies: 3
Views: 1511

File based development instead of repository/entity based development

<r>Hi Wolfgang, <br/> yeah, we'll have to keep up with the innovation...<br/> <br/> The best test of a development environment is to introduce a new colleague into the own team. <br/> <br/> In the last years we had many problems convincing new colleagues that they should have to work with the VO IDE...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:43 am
Topic: File based development instead of repository/entity based development
Replies: 3
Views: 1511

File based development instead of repository/entity based development

<t>In the message thread "Lost another big piece of code" there were discussions about the type of development. <br/> <br/> I must admit: After working 24 years with VO I am (mentally) still fixed on the type the VO IDE displayed all the entitities. I changed my working completely to fit to this wor...