Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: X# Substitutions for EncodeBase64 and DecodeBase64
Replies: 11
Views: 2087

X# Substitutions for EncodeBase64 and DecodeBase64

<r>Hi Wolfgang, <br/> I have seen that using exceptions or not can give long taking discussions between programmers. But most important is, that every type of error handling must be done very carefully and in every environment someone can make errors. Here we have not reached "low coding" for everyo...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:52 pm

<t>Thanks, it works. <br/> <br/> Base64Decode can generate exceptions in case of undesired characters or missing parts of the text. The VO procedure did sometimes generate an "invalid handle" exception and I did not understand why. So if you have to decode email contents, it is worth verifying this....
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:00 pm

In VO we have used the Runtime functions EncodeBase64 and DecodeBase64 together with temporary files to convert strings to and from Base64. I would like to substitute them by functions without file access. Can somebody suggest me some code?

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:09 pm
Topic: Any existing code for a smart way to convert array to strings and vv?
Replies: 8
Views: 1915

Any existing code for a smart way to convert array to strings and vv?

<t>We have also used XML and JSON to exchange array-like data between programs. The readability sometimes helps understanding errors. As you know the exact format the data arrives it isn't even necessary to use complex decodification. Instead it is possible to use some own string exchange and string...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:40 am
Topic: Random out of memory exceptions
Replies: 3
Views: 1589

Random out of memory exceptions

<t>> So ,after calling the GC manually, did those problems disappear entirely now?<br/> Yes, calling the GC manually seems to resolve these errors. <br/> <br/> > Btw, is making your app comparable under AnyCPU/64bit mode totally out of the question? I know that you are using your own versions of GUI...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:36 am
Topic: Random out of memory exceptions
Replies: 3
Views: 1589

Random out of memory exceptions

<t>We have/had random out of memory exceptions when handling with bigger RTF-documents of about 30 MB in our program together with the TEControl for formatted text<br/> One of the places for the exceptions was the transferring of the textcontrol contents to a string. Here the X#-function Mem2String ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am
Topic: Mind the GAP, o sorry, I wanted to say: mind the GAC!
Replies: 1
Views: 1351

Mind the GAP, o sorry, I wanted to say: mind the GAC!

<t>The Installer recommends using the GAC for the X#-Runtime, I would recommend not to use it and verify that no DLLs are below C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETassemblyGAC_MSILXSharp.RT. Of course initially it is easier for starting and compiling. But if you have the discipline to copy the correct runtime dll...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:18 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Do I see ghosts somewhere?
Replies: 14
Views: 2451

Do I see ghosts somewhere?

<t>It's a good exercise for training in "black box analisis". From the experimental results we could try to create a model how this could have been implemented and for which reasons...<br/> <br/> With your list I have found until now two symbols #endd and #code in our code that may interfere. Fortun...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm

<t>Thanks, so the list gets still longer. Every VO keyword except some few exceptions like #text seem to be regarded. <br/> <br/> The correction of the single case I found until now was simple: <br/> As the program saw #ENDDO instead of #ENDD I only had to substitute all #ENDD occurencies by #ENDDO ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:02 pm

<t>Bingo!<br/> the "built-in" commands show this behavior if at least 4 characters have been set. Exceptions: the commands with a blank containing and textblock. <br/> Here is a list of 55 symbols, that are automatically transformed. Interesting how many secrets we still can discover for VO at the e...