Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:52 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Constant redefinition warnings RX4005 when working in VO Windows-Editor
Replies: 28
Views: 4552

Constant redefinition warnings RX4005 when working in VO Windows-Editor

I can delete the constants in one rc-File. Then I get error messages about undefined keywords. When saving in the VO Editor, then they are regenerated as hex numbers.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:48 pm

I have found a difference.
Before any changes the constant ES_READONLY is defined as
#define ES_READONLY 2048
and no warnings are generated.

Afterwards the constant is defined as
#define ES_READONLY 0x00000800
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:34 pm

<t>Robert, <br/> <br/> no, there aren't any includes to vh anymore. <br/> We make our conversion with the VOXPorter and an own converter that is called afterwards. <br/> The number of warnings is rising with every VO Window that I save. <br/> The dlls have a reference to the VOWin32APILibrary, it is...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:39 am

<t>When we save changes in the VO Windows-Editor we get Warning messages of the following type:<br/> <br/> C:projectsxsharpIOSsrcIosMsgWdtaMsgProjekte_vodtaMsgProjekte_vo.tabMsgPrjFTP_vo.rc(17,0): warning RC4005: 'DS_CONTROL' : redefinition<br/> C:projectsxsharpIOSsrcIosMsgWdtaMsgProjekte_vodtaMsgPr...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:24 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Some thoughts about Machine learning
Replies: 6
Views: 2103

Some thoughts about Machine learning

<t>Hi Volkmar and Terry, <br/> <br/> thank you for the answers. I didn't want to make any doubts about the benefits of machine learning. <br/> The "intellicode" feature in VS is a nice example that machine learning can help. But...<br/> - Much data is needed (IntelliCode's base model was trained on ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:52 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Some thoughts about Machine learning
Replies: 6
Views: 2103

Some thoughts about Machine learning

<t>In the last years I have read much about machine learning and tried to find places to introduce low level machine learning into our programs for enhancing user experience: <br/> - proposals of values, <br/> - validations<br/> - data control for existing data<br/> <br/> I must admit, that it is mu...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:28 pm
Topic: Sporadic problems with pointers to psz strings/byte arrays in structures
Replies: 5
Views: 1755

Sporadic problems with pointers to psz strings/byte arrays in structures

<t>Robert, <br/> <br/> thank you for looking. <br/> <br/> For me the issue is resolved. In any case it is important to clean up as much "ugly" code as possible. Nowadays pointer usage makes part of ugly code. <br/> <br/> The PSZs gave us many problems in the Past with VO in combination with the Garb...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:37 pm

<t>Robert, <br/> I have attached a shortened version of the code before my changes (old) and now (new). The data is written into the structure treating it as a byte structure. Afterwards the data is always correctly interpreted as it is defined in the structure. <br/> I am nearly completely sure tha...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:08 pm

<t>We had sporadic problems with VO-Code adapted to X# containing structures with byte arrays casted to psz-Variables and passed to functions with psz-Variables in another X#-dll. The origin was a Crystal-Reports C-Dll that called these functions directly. Now the C-Dll sends the data via Windows-Me...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 am
Topic: <Inherited Pushbuttons in VOWindow-Editor
Replies: 7
Views: 1648

<Inherited Pushbuttons in VOWindow-Editor

<t>Hi Chris, <br/> thanks for the answer and thanks for the patch you sent to me. I did not test it for all 3 types of controls, but I will do it now. <br/> <br/> It is true, that the Inheritance is not completely correct, I have done the changes more than 15 years ago. I will change it for XS to be...