Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:54 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Game driven development
Replies: 7
Views: 2127

Game driven development

<r>Again for the 4th time our colleague Volkmar has encouraged us to participate at the Adventofcode event for resolving 25 programming puzzles in the advent time:<URL url="https://adventofcode.com/"><s>[url=https://adventofcode.com/]</s>adventofcode<e>[/url]</e></URL><br/> <br/> I have used the VO/...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:29 pm
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Float, Real8, or Decimal?
Replies: 43
Views: 12271

Float, Real8, or Decimal?

<t>We are also working with /VO14 float literals enabled and we left float var definitions where float were. <br/> <br/> Originally we were thinking about converting to Real8. But in the programs there are too many comparisons like f == 0 .or. f <> 0 that are hard to find. <br/> <br/> There were ver...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:58 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Problems with Fseek3 in X# 2.7
Replies: 12
Views: 2029

Problems with Fseek3 in X# 2.7

This was a quick answer! I imagined a response somewhere between midnight and 3:00 am this night and not within minutes :-)
Thanks for the new dll. It solves my issue.

The cloning of VO windows in VS works very well.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:41 pm
Topic: Problems with Fseek3 in X# 2.7
Replies: 12
Views: 2029

Problems with Fseek3 in X# 2.7

<t>I have installed the new version. I have now problems with file reading text files. <br/> FSeek3 returns -1 for the following two values for a file that can be opened normally. <br/> _nFileLength := FSeek3 (_nOutfile, 0, FS_END)<br/> _nPosFile := FSeek3 (_nOutfile, 0, FS_SET)<br/> The command Dos...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:14 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Duplicates, again, but other sort of ;)
Replies: 4
Views: 1912

Duplicates, again, but other sort of ;)

<t>Hi Karl, I have attached two files with some VO or the converted XS functions.I believe it isn't so difficult do it with what we are used to do. - Create an array of the files with directory2arrayex- Verify that with this order always the first file appears in the list, otherwise change the order...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:59 pm
Topic: Constant redefinition warnings RX4005 when working in VO Windows-Editor
Replies: 28
Views: 4547

Constant redefinition warnings RX4005 when working in VO Windows-Editor

In my opinion the duplicate constant warning from the resource compiler is not critical, as the constants are defined just there locally. So the default could be "Suppress".

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Chris,
we tested with the newest version of the VOXPorter we have. It writes the constants as decimal values and not as hex values.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:54 pm

If there are changes in the VOXPORTER that saves the constants as hex exactly as the VO Editor, then probably the problem has been resolved on your side and we are still using an old version and have to update it.
I will check with my colleague and tell you.
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:00 am

Robert,
I don't know the consequences. 2048 and 0x00000800 give both decimal 2048, so internally they should represent the same value.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:52 am

<t>Hi Chris, <br/> <br/> yes, it remains like this, I get the same warnings. <br/> When I manually edit the .RC-File <br/> and write <br/> #define ES_READONLY 2048<br/> instead of <br/> #define ES_READONLY 0x00000800 <br/> then the warning message for ES_READONLY vanishes. <br/> To see this behavior...