Search found 319 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Bbrowser and reaching 10000 GUI-Handles
Replies: 6
Views: 1911

Bbrowser and reaching 10000 GUI-Handles

<t>Robert, <br/> it is as you say: Many objects with few different colors and normally hatchstyle = SOLID. <br/> I did never think what CreateSolidBrush does. Do you mean that instead of creating a new brushobject I use Createsolidbrush to get a handle to a brush? In this case I should pay attention...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:45 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: Bbrowser and reaching 10000 GUI-Handles
Replies: 6
Views: 1911

Bbrowser and reaching 10000 GUI-Handles

<t>When having a big monitor and a table representation with many column field colors, the BBrowser creates many objects that need GUI-Handles. These are mainly brushes. When the Garbage Collector cannot destroy these objects quickly, the maximum number of GUI-Handles per Windows process (normally 1...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: DBF cannot be opened on certain servers
Replies: 5
Views: 1662

DBF cannot be opened on certain servers

It works, thanks. Our modifications for X# did not forward the readonly flag correctly to the basic classes.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Topic: Some unclear parts about menu editor resources xsmnu
Views: 1605

Some unclear parts about menu editor resources xsmnu

<t>I have attached the menu editor file and generated source.<br/> We should not have changed anything with the names in this part.<br/> We use the German word for Window: Fenster.<br/> <br/> SELF:RegisterItem(IDM_menShell_vo_Fenster_ID, ;<br/>         HyperLabel{ #menShell_vo_Fenster , LoadResStrin...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:53 pm
Topic: Some unclear parts about menu editor resources xsmnu
Views: 1605

Some unclear parts about menu editor resources xsmnu

<t>We have few program parts with a windows menu edited with the windows editor. Now we used the X# windows editor with the xsmnu file the first time.<br/> <br/> When first saving the menu the menu did not inherit from the menu that had been entered in the properties of the menu in VO. When going in...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi Chris, thank you for verifying so quickly.
I will verify if I pass the readonly correctly to the driver.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:48 pm

<t>Writing about an issue helps opening the brain. I have seen that the users on the problematic computers have only read access to the directory. When copying the file to another directory the file can be opened. When making the file read only, the file cannot be opened. I thought that I opened the...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:34 pm

<t>We use DBF only for some special cases.<br/> We have now two computers in our own network where the DBF cannot be opened. (dbfcdx without indexes, small files with few columns)<br/> Sprachen XSharp.Internal.WrappedException: Exception of type 'XSharp.Internal.WrappedException' was thrown.<br/> Th...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:05 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Game driven development
Replies: 7
Views: 2127

Game driven development

Robert,
having this "Execscript" will be a big step ahead. Surely execution will get much faster. And having all language features will also give many possibilities.

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:56 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Game driven development
Replies: 7
Views: 2127

Game driven development

Hi Fergus,
please send me your email address and I will send you some code.

Arne