Search found 315 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:51 am
Forum: VO & Vulcan
Topic: Speed import csv data
Replies: 7
Views: 857

Re: Speed import csv data

There are surely too many dynamic data objects in memory (strings, arrays with strings or objects) so that the garbage collector is occupied too much. If you need all the data then you will have to assign higher values to SetMaxDynSize and DynSize at program start. If you do not have to show the dat...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:08 pm
Forum: Deutsches Forum
Topic: Windows-Funktionen aus einem Dialog blocken
Views: 574

Re: Windows-Funktionen aus einem Dialog blocken

Hallo Jörg,
da findet man unter "Kiosk mode Windows" viel. Das ist scheinbar nicht ganz einfach. Das kannst du nicht durch dein Programm steuern, Windows bzw. der angemeldete Windows-Benutzer muss dafür vorbereitet werden.
Gruß
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:31 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Native image generation
Replies: 4
Views: 603

Native image generation

The program DBForge Studio Installation makes a "Native image Generation" and recommends it's usage to have performance advantages. The process took at least a minute on a quite fast development machine where many files were procecessed. I have googled and found for example the article abo...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:16 pm
Topic: Successful Conversion to X# 2.5b
Replies: 13
Views: 5109

Re: Successful Conversion to X# 2.5b

We did similar preparations also for the substitution of OCX-Controls like Image controls/formatted text controls/Internet Explorer. We replaced the original controls by custom controls that we inserted into the dialog ressources. The customer controls then initiated the OCX dynamically and forwarde...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:07 pm
Topic: Successful Conversion to X# 2.5b
Replies: 13
Views: 5109

Re: Successful Conversion to X# 2.5b

A one day issue for porting a VO program to X# is a very short time. I can't imagine that it is possible if I think only at the problems of delivery and installation on client computers: missing Dotnet frameworks, missing dlls, antivirus programs. But there may be also many programming problems to r...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:12 am
Topic: SQL - fieldget freeze
Replies: 2
Views: 1496

Re: SQL - fieldget freeze

The type of column can influence much. I remember that we had problems reading LOB-fields (LONG fields) from SQLServer/Access DBs via ODBC with our ODBC usage some years ago. It is difficult to find the reason or alternative access possibilities. So it is good, if you can find workarounds like this....
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:03 am
Topic: Random crashes, now know Windows 11
Views: 2236

Re: Random crashes, now know Windows 11

Until now we did not have many problems with Windows 11. It's a very stable environment and behaves very similar to Windows 10. Application programs (as our programs are) normally run without problems on Windows 11 according to our experience. System programs like Antivirus or Teamviewer or certain ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:13 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Error on SQL Query execution in Oracle Database in X# VO Project
Replies: 4
Views: 1925

Re: Error on SQL Query execution in Oracle Database in X# VO Project

I don't remember precisely all facts, but I remember similar errors many years ago in VO with ODBC to Oracle with complex statements together with "scrollable cursors". The error message is a message from the ODBC driver, not from X#. In this case it is the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle. As Or...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:18 am
Forum: Suggestions
Topic: Estrarre testo da PDF
Replies: 2
Views: 1748

Estrarre testo da PDF

<r>Ciao Danilo,<br/> utilizzo il programma pdftotext.exe<br/> da<br/> <URL url="https://www.xpdfreader.com/download.html">https://www.xpdfreader.com/download.html</URL><br/> per convertire PDF in formato testo. Per il mio uso (Software test automatici) funziona molto bene.<br/> <br/> Ciao<br/> Arne<...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:15 am
Forum: Product
Topic: VS 2022: Find In Files sometimes doesn't find existing text
Replies: 10
Views: 1699

VS 2022: Find In Files sometimes doesn't find existing text

<t>Special characters can normally be inserted in regular expressions by adding the escape character before each special character. <br/> When it happens it is sometimes also necessary to use the global search over all files with SHIFT CTRL F and not the editor search Ctrl F.<br/> (Of course it dist...