In October 2023 we are organizing our second European conference, after a successful first event in 2022.
Since we are a small open source project, and we have limited financial resources, we have chosen to organize this as a relatively low budget event. We have also selected a location in the south of Germany, so developers from Switzerland, Austria, and North Italy are also able to come with a reasonable travel time.
We will present the current state of the X# development and show how to migrate your apps to XSharp. Furthermore, we will also discuss the internals of X# and how you can extend X#.
Finally, we will discuss our future plans, such as our support for next versions of .Net and will show some work in progress.
This summit is structured to encourage open and facilitated face-to-face discussion and idea sharing amongst all attendees. Refreshments will be provided all day, with scheduled lunch and snack breaks.
The event will take place at the following hotel:
Hotel Weisses Ross
We plan to have 2 days with 10 time slots and 2 parallel sessions. Sessions will not be repeated. The detailed list of sessions will be published later.
Some sessions, especially the sessions that discuss migrating applications, may span 2 or more time slots, so we can go into details.
One session room will focus on "generic" topics, and the other session room will focus on dialect specific topics, such as migrating FoxPro apps, migrating VO apps etc.
(Call for) Speakers
On behalf of the X# development team, all members will be giving sessions.
We are also looking for other speakers. If you are interested in speaking, please send your session proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1, 2023.
We expect you to prepare a white paper or presentation about your subject with practical examples. Sessions should be code centric.
If you do not want to speak, but have a suggestion for a topic, please let us know at the same email address.
Like last year, we also plan to do a session in which customers can demonstrate applications that were migrated to X# showing apps "before" and "after" the migration with a short description of how the conversion went. If you are willing to demonstrate your app, please contact us.
Speakers will get free admittance to the event.
To register for this event, please email email@example.com.
We have the following registration fee for the event:
|- Early bird (book before August 2023)
|- Normal price (starts August 1, 2023)
|* Excluding taxes
- This includes the refreshments, lunch, and dinner on the 12th and refreshments and lunch on the 13th.
- We expect people to arrive on Wednesday, October 11.
- We have negotiated a special discounted hotel room price of EUR 92 per person per night including breakfast for a Single room. Double rooms are available at ~ EUR 140 per night, including breakfast. Local taxes may apply. You can book directly with the hotel, https://www.hotelweissesross.de/. Please tell them that you are part of the X# Summit group.
- Room are available from Wednesday 11th until Saturday 14th.
- For those attendees that are staying until Saturday 14th, we plan to go out and have dinner together on Friday 13th in a restaurant in Memmingen.
- Please note that all conference fees are excluding 21% VAT for EU residents. If you register as a Company and let us know your VAT number, then we will not have to charge the VAT.