Message sort order & earlier posts

This forum is meant for anything you would like to share with other visitors
ic2

Message sort order & earlier posts

Post by ic2 »

When I open a forum, I have to manually go down, select Descending and redisplay before I can see the latest messages first. I remember that this could be set in my profile as a default but I can't find it anymore. What do I miss?

Also: sometimes it is very useful to browse earlier posts to find back a certain posts, e.g. when Search doesn't bring the correct results. When I go to Forums in my profile, I see my 10 last messages.

How do I see all my posts?

Dick
FFF

Re: Message sort order & earlier posts

Post by FFF »

The latter is easy: from Home select Forum/Indizes/Quicklinks/Yourposts (or: https://www.xsharp.eu/forum)

the former is tricky, as you can't start at Home, but from the forum indizes page to edit your preferences
Shorthand
https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/user/view?i=ucp_prefs
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.20, X#2.20.0.3)
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

Dick,

as shown
temp.png
ic2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:53 am When I open a forum, I have to manually go down, select Descending and redisplay before I can see the latest messages first. I remember that this could be set in my profile as a default but I can't find it anymore. What do I miss?

Also: sometimes it is very useful to browse earlier posts to find back a certain posts, e.g. when Search doesn't bring the correct results. When I go to Forums in my profile, I see my 10 last messages.

How do I see all my posts?

Dick
简单的东西重复做,你能成为专家;重复的东西用心做,你能成为赢家!
xinjie

Post by xinjie »

I just realized after reading your question.
简单的东西重复做,你能成为专家;重复的东西用心做,你能成为赢家!
ic2

Post by ic2 »

Ah, thanks you both very much. The control panel is indeed well hidden, I see no menu option or button pointing to it. But that works now. And I earlier received a reply to use the search option from the hamburger menu but didn't realize to open the Forum link first to find the hamburger menu. With all my posts and the better working search option.

Dick