We have just released XSharp "Anjou" Update 1.
This update fixes some issues that were found in the last week:
- Fixed a problem with VERY old versions of the Vulcan Runtime (early Vulcan 2 versions)
- Variables declared as DIM Byte and similar are now Pinned by the compiler
- [Return] attribute was not properly handled by the compiler. This has been fixed
- Compound Assignment (u+= f or -=) from USUAL and FLOAT were causing a stackoverflow at runtime caused by a problem in the Vulcan Runtime. These expressions now generate a compiler error with the suggestion to change to a simple assignment ( u := u + f)
Visual Studio Integration
- Project References between XSharp Projects were also loaded as assemblyreference when resolving types. This could lead to speed problems and unnecessary memory usage
- Improved the speed of the construction of Completion Lists (such as methods and fields for a type).
- We have also added Completion List Tabs, where you can see fields, properties, methods etc. on separate tabs. You can enable/disable this in the Tools/Options/Text Editor/XSharp/Intellisense options page.
- We have added a check to make sure that the default namespace for a X# project cannot contain a whitespace character
On behalf of the Devteam I want to thank you all for the nice feedback that we got in the last week.This is really appreciated !