In October 2022 we are organizing our first European conference in years. We first tried to do this in 2020, but due to the international Covid crisis that event had to be cancelled.
Since we are a small open source project and we have limited financial resources, we have chosen to organize this as a relatively low budget event. We have also chosen a location in the south of Germany, so developers from Switzerland, Austria and North Italy are also able to come with a reasonable travel time.
The main audience for this event is XSharp developers with VO/Vulcan background. However we will also spend ample time on the other dialects.
We will present the current state of the X# development and show how to migrate your apps to XSharp. We will also discuss the internals of X# and how you can extend X#. Finally we will discuss our future plans, such as our support for next versions of .Net and will show some of the work in progress
With the help of our local partner Karl Faller we have selected a venue for the event.
This summit is structured to encourage open and facilitated face-to-face discussion and idea sharing amongst all attendees. Refreshments will be provided all day with scheduled lunch and snack breaks.
The event will take place at the following hotel:
Hotel Weisses Ross
We plan to have 2 days with 10 different sessions that will not be repeated. The detailed list of sessions will be published later.
(Call for) Speakers
On behalf of the X# development team there will be 2 or 3 members giving sessions. We also plan to do a session in which customers can demonstrate applications that were migrated to X# showing apps "before" and "after" the migration with a short description of how the conversion went. If you are willing to demonstrate your app, please contact us.
We are also looking for other speakers. If you are interested in speaking, please send your session proposals to before June 1, 2022. We expect you to prepare a whitepaper or presentation about your subject with practical examples. Sessions should be code centric.
Speakers will get free admittance to the event.
We have the following registration fee for the event:
|- Early bird (book before September 2022)||350*||400*|
|- Normal price (starts September1, 2022)||450*||500*|
- This includes the refreshments, lunch and dinner on the 6th and refreshments and lunch on the 7th.
- We expect people to arrive on Wednesday October 5.
- We have negotiated a special discounted hotel room price of EUR 90 per person per night including breakfast for a Single room. Double rooms are available at EUR 137 per night including breakfast. Local taxes may apply. You can book directly with the hotel https://www.hotelweissesross.de/. and tell them that you are part of the X# Summit group.
- Room are available from Wednesday 5th until Saturday 8th.
- For those attendees that are staying until Saturday 8th, we plan to go out and have dinner together on Friday 7th in a restaurant in Memmingen.
- Please note that all prices are excluding 21% VAT for EU residents. If you register as a Company and let us know your VAT number then we will not have to charge the VAT.