It's time for a quick update about what we have been doing. Here are some things that we have worked on since the last build:
- We have started work on the FoxPro dialect and have also added a WITH block for all dialects
- We have also added support for END keywords for entities that do not allow this yet, such as END PROCEDURE, END METHOD, END ACCESS etc. These keywords are optional
- We made several changes to improve the VS integration, such as better type lookup for functions declared in namespaces, better support for the var keyword, improbed support for Xbase++ dialect etc. X# works fine now with VS 2019, except that our project templates are still poorly visible on the New Project dialect. Microsoft has now promised to change that in one of the upcoming updates.
- We have made several changes to the runtime. For example dynamic class creation for the Xbase++ dialect (ClassCreate() etc) and for the Xbase++ DataObject class. We have also added the functions that are part of the ASXML Library from Xbase++ (XMLDocOpen() etc). We have also improved several existing functions, such as Round(), ExecName() and others.
- We have made several changes to the macro compiler, to solve some of the problems that were reported. We have also added support for macro based aliased expressions and ivar access ( (alias)->&varname, expression:&ivarname etc)
- And last but not least we have worked on the RDD system. Several small issues were detected and fixed in the Advantage RDD and the work on the DBFCDX driver is approaching the end. We expect to have a fully working DBFCDX rdd any day now.
More news will follow soon.