With only 2 days left until the XBase.Future conference in Cologne, things are becoming a little hectic over here.Fabrice has traveled from the sunny France to a cold Netherlands, and together we have prepared the new Beta 3 that will be presented and used at the conference. This new beta with comes with many great new features. Some hightlights of this new build:
Visual Studio Integration
- Support for the Windows Forms Editor
- Support for the WPF Editor
- Support for selecting the dialect (see compiler below)
- Enhanced project property pages with editors for paths and pre and post build steps
- There is now dialect support in the compiler. The previus beta only supported the Core dialect. Now we also support the VO/Vulcan dialect.
- We have started work on the Bring Your Own Runtime support for Vulcan. See separate heading below.
- Improved debugging output
- New macros (__ENTITY__ and __SIG__ ) for the preprocessor
- New PARAMS keyword for parameter list of method/function
- Slen() and AltD() are now supported by the compiler
- Added support for the DYNAMIC type
Bring Your Own Runtime
- XBase type names are resolved properly (ARRAY, DATE, SYMBOL, USUAL etc)
- Literal values are now resolved properly (ARRAY, DATE, SYMBOL)
- NULL_ literals are resolved properly (NULL_STRING follows the /vo2 compiler option, NULL_DATE, NULL_SYMBOL)
- Calling methods with Clipper calling convention works as expected.
- Methods/Functions without return type are seen as methods that return a USUAL
- If a method/function contains typed and untyped parameters then the untyped parameters are seen as USUAL parameters
- The ? command will call AsString() on the arguments