DBF Append Speed in X# vs VO - Huge Difference

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Chris

Re: DBF Append Speed in X# vs VO - Huge Difference

Post by Chris »

Hi Horst,

There have been a lot of improvements and fixes in the RDDs since 2020, and lately we haven't gotten any report about index corruption anymore, but of course something might have still slipped, a bug that we are not aware of. Did you make sure you had the index file properly opened when you edited the dbf from the tool?
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Chris

Post by Chris »

Guys,

About dbf speed issues, there have been many improvements in the past months also in this area, but not all cases are improved. If you would like us to (try to) improve performance in your particular scenario, please send us a full sample showing the speed issue and we'll have a look.
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Horst

Post by Horst »

Hello Chris

I was seeking with the tool, so i think the index was open.
If it will happend again, i try to reproduce the error and send you more informations.
On the files i am working with the x# app, i cant see troubles with the indexes.

Horst
robert

Post by robert »

Horst,

If you're accessing the DBF/CDX with an external tool, make sure that the tool uses the same collation settings that your app uses.
Otherwise, corruption of the CDX can occur

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
wriedmann

Post by wriedmann »

Hi to all,
we have several projects were we are running both X# and VO applications on the same database, and we don't have registered index corruptions the last months.
About performance we cannot say a lot because in the network both VO and X# applications are running much slower than in the past, maybe because Microsoft make some changes in the network stack.
I will do some tests in the weekend.
Wolfgang
P.S. for the people that may interest that: all USB-C and Thunderbolt docking stations (both no name and large producers like HP, Dell and Lenovo) have really slow network interfaces, between 30 and 50% of the speed of either integrated network cards or dedicated USB-C network adapters
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Jamal

Post by Jamal »

Hi Chris,

For an example of the speed issue, please see the following post which is still relevant:

https://www.xsharp.eu/forum/topic?p=17140#p17140

Jamal