How to find explanation

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
Phil Hepburn

How to find explanation

Post by Phil Hepburn »

Hi Chris,

My short comment was a very simple one really - your post had said something like "X# can be used like X# most of the time" when I think you meant "X# can be used like C# most of the time".

I then sympathised with you as in my eNotes I often find myself making similar mistakes. Its had to get it right all the time.

So my comment was about mixing up the terms X# and C# and not mixing up the programming code in apps.

I like you use X# all the time now that I don't need to reach out for C# code to do a task. I like X# and that fact that I can do everything I wish with it instead for having to mix my own DLLs.

The 'tee-shirt' comment is from a well know American / UK saying when a person is trying to show sympathy and understanding, and say that they also have done something similar. I think the full 'saying' is "been there, seen the film, got the tee-shirt".

I am looking forward to getting back into full-time X# coding this autumn and winter. I plan to do something very useful for guys coding in X# and using both XIDE and VS, and for guys using data in both DBFs as well as any SQL flavour. It will be a lot of work what I plan (details later) but first I must ask Meinhard if it may fit in with any plans he has for Cologne 2018. No point doing 5 months work if there is no room in the session plans for me ;-0)

Oh! and my plans have no WPF and XAML anywhere in sight ;-0)

Keep up the good work,
Kindest regards,
Phil.
Chris

How to find explanation

Post by Chris »

Hi Phil,

Ahhh, yeah, ok got it now :)
Hadn't noticed my typo, but then again that's what usually happens, most people do not realize their own typos :)

Looking forward to seeing your new stuff!

Chris
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team test
chris(at)xsharp.eu