Search found 221 matches

by NickFriend
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:03 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Reduce existing PDF
Replies: 7
Views: 1982

Re: Reduce existing PDF

Hi Frank, As Dick said, Syncfusion is free if you're <$1,000,000 annually. Otherwise it is expensive. I tested the PDF compression options and they work very well. I ran a folder of 500+ files through it and all were effectively reduced (99% through the image reduction by dropping the image quality)...
by NickFriend
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:54 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Reduce existing PDF
Replies: 7
Views: 1982

Re: Reduce existing PDF

Syncfusion Essential PDF, see https://www.syncfusion.com/blogs/post/7-ways-to-compress-pdf-files.aspx. Hi Dick, Great tip.... I've been looking for something like this for quite a while now. I've been testing it today and the image compression option works really well. Took a 1.2Gb folder of PDFs a...
by NickFriend
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:06 am
Forum: Product
Topic: Who is using BusyIndicators?
Replies: 13
Views: 1937

Who is using BusyIndicators?

<r>Hi Fab,<br/> <QUOTE author="Fabrice post=25917 userid=312"><s>[quote="Fabrice post=25917 userid=312"]</s>for this kind of things, you can also use the BackgroundWorker class.<br/> It works the same way with WinForms and WPF.<br/> You create the object, attached event for DoWork, ProgressChanged, ...
by NickFriend
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:26 pm

<r>Hi Dick,<br/> <br/> This sort of scenario ought to work fine in WPF. I think the thing is you're running another window with the indicator on it. Instead just show the BusyIndicator over your datagrid using a property in your viewmodel to show or hide it.<br/> <br/> The following code should work...
by NickFriend
Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:53 pm

Just a little detail... the async keyword isn't needed on the GetRecordsAsync() method. It should be just

public Task<ObservableCollection<Model>> GetRecordsAsync()

async is when the method itself contains an await call.

Nick
by NickFriend
Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:09 am

<r>Hi Dick,<br/> <br/> Haven't used Syncfusion, but try something like this. I don't think you should be using await in your GetRecords method.<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s>async void SfdataGrid_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) { var window = new BusyWindow(); window.Show(); this.SfdataGrids.Item...
by NickFriend
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:05 am
Topic: Async question
Replies: 43
Views: 4062

Async question

Sorry, can't help you there... can't you just leave it in a class library to avoid the pain of translation?

Nick
by NickFriend
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:19 am

Async question

<t>Hi Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> To be honest I'm not entirely sure if there's a problem with the way you're doing it.... the only thing that occurs to me is that your code has no real means of error trapping, which is covered by the AsyncHelper class. Also it seems a bit ugly to use Sleep!<br/> <br/> I'v...
by NickFriend
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:54 am

Async question

<r>Hi Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> What Robert said - you need to un-async your async <E>;-)</E><br/> <br/> The following class will do what you want.<br/> <CODE><s>[code]</s> public static class AsyncHelpers { /// <summary> /// Executes an async Task<T> method which has a void return value synchronously //...
by NickFriend
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:42 pm

Async question

<t>Hi Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> I'm not entirely sure what exactly you need to achieve, but if the idea is to call _oClient:Connect(), then call _ListDirectory when the Connect call has completed, all you need to do is to place the _ListDirectory() call on the line after your await statement.<br/> <br/> ...