Search found 314 matches

by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue May 16, 2023 2:17 pm
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs
Replies: 12
Views: 3678

DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs

<t>if Only 7-zip does not manage to read the zips then perhaps 7-zip is the problem. 7-zip surely has reprogrammed the zip-format and does not use another DLL. <br/> <br/> Otherwise perhaps some files/directories are changing while trying to zip the files? The bigger the list of files to save the bi...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon May 15, 2023 12:47 pm
Topic: DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs
Replies: 12
Views: 3678

DotNetZip created backup sometimes causes issues in (only) some unzip programs

The original old ZIP-File formats had limits on the file sizes of single files and on the file size of the zipped file of 4 GB. Perhaps it is this the reason?

Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue May 02, 2023 12:16 pm
Forum: Examples
Topic: ChatGPT integration examples?
Replies: 33
Views: 8845

ChatGPT integration examples?

<t>Hi All, <br/> thanks for all the answers. <br/> Of course the topic is "hot". And also our company begins to speak about some AI-presence in our programs to our customers. So it may be worth to add ChatGPT in the programs for business reasons. <br/> <br/> If you can already add a summary of much ...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Tue May 02, 2023 7:14 am
Forum: Examples
Topic: ChatGPT integration examples?
Replies: 33
Views: 8845

ChatGPT integration examples?

<t>What can be a sense for the user for having integrated ChatGBT? <br/> <br/> I understand integrating specialized services like translation or maps and route finding. <br/> <br/> Of course I can imagine an intelligent chat bot if this bot knows everything about the internals of my program. (It cou...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:38 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Modifica della "Style=> Password" di una SingleLineEdit
Replies: 10
Views: 3466

Modifica della "Style=> Password" di una SingleLineEdit

<t>I have my doubts with the possibilities of modifying this property "on the fly". I remember only that we had some problems many years ago. Perhaps it is better to add hidden single line edits without the password property and to switch to them. <br/> But possibly something has also changed in the...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Who is using BusyIndicators?
Replies: 13
Views: 1961

Who is using BusyIndicators?

Nice living discussion! Every answer gives additional details.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:18 pm
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Your Computer Behind The Scenes
Replies: 3
Views: 2429

Your Computer Behind The Scenes

<t>I would say that we should forget everything about electronic details and what we think what could happen inside a computer. <br/> <br/> Instead we should think on using devices where we talk to in and where we get answers after a certain amount of time. These devices can be desktop computers, mo...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:05 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: Who is using BusyIndicators?
Replies: 13
Views: 1961

Who is using BusyIndicators?

<t>Probably Multithreading is needed - or a separate Exe file that shows the Busy-State. <br/> For many years we have such a separate small exe program with a progress bar and an always responding Cancel-Button. There is also a separate window appearing and showing database activity of the program o...
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:29 pm
Topic: The future of ReportPro
Replies: 54
Views: 13962

The future of ReportPro

We from INFOMINDS don't use Report Pro anymore.
Arne
by ArneOrtlinghaus
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:23 pm
Forum: XSharp Tools Library
Topic: Validate email adress
Replies: 7
Views: 3172

Validate email adress

<r>This is what we use. Nearly all users have email addresses with English characters. But we had already few exceptions, I believe with some accent characters used in Italian. So we needed already the possibility to allow exceptional special characters where we normally want to treat them as errors...